Other Faculty Affiliate Requests
In cases in which visiting academic colleague needs UNM privileges but the formal affiliation of a Letter of Academic Title is not appropriate, a department can request a Visiting Academic Colleague affiliate role.
The Visiting Academic Colleague affiliate role provides the following privileges:
Computer Pods Access
To request the Visiting Academic Colleague affiliate role:
- Complete the Affiliate Request Form in HR Reports.
- See the instructions for additional guidance on using the Affiliate Request Form.
- The Affiliate Request Form replaces the Affiliate Demographic Form. For new affiliate request, you will need to obtain the demographic information specified the instructions.
Once the Affiliate Request Form has been submitted, departments can expect:
- Departments will receive and email from email@example.com confirming that the request has been processed.
- For new affiliates, the department contact will receive an email with the affiliate’s UNM ID number.
- Once the affiliate receives their UNM ID, they may request a UNM NetID and email address through https://netid.unm.edu/.