University Required Training
Required annual training are conducted online through UNM Learning Central, https://learningcentral.unm.edu/. Access to Learning Central is available 48 hours after your NetID has been created.
Mandatory Training for All New UNM Employees Includes:
- Basic Annual Safety Training
- Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination
- Active Shooter on Campus: Run, Hide, Fight
For additional information about the training please visit https://hr.unm.edu/unm-mandatory-training. Additionally, please check with your chairperson for any additional trainings your department may require.
Have You Elected Benefits and Retirement Plans?
- For 9-month academic year faculty, the 60-day benefits enrollment period begins on the first day of the month in which you were hired. For example, if you were hired on 8/14 your 90-day enrollment window begins on 8/1.
- For 9-month academic year faculty, the 90-day retirement election period begins the first day of the month in which you were hired. For example, if you were hired on 8/14 your 90-day enrollment window begins on 8/1.
For questions regarding benefits, please contact: